Shelter is vital for survival in times of crisis, especially in light of the worsening of people’s conditions. WATAN, in cooperation with the UNHCR, plans on distributing 25,000 shelter baskets and installing 12,000 tents with inspection in the governorates of Aleppo and Idlib and installing support for 6,000 tents.
Since June, the distribution of 21,209 emergency baskets has been completed, in addition to the installation and inspection of 7,700 family tents.
The project is scheduled to be completed at the end of July this year and is in its final stages.
The project was able to reach:
- 21,209 families (106,450 individuals).
- 7,700 families (46,200 individuals).
The project in the near future plans to
- Complete the distribution of tents within the 2021 agreements.
- Obtain additional shipments of baskets of non-food items.
- Complete signing new partnerships in the western Euphrates region (Al-Bab and Jarablus)
- WATAN is considered one of the most prominent organizations in the emergency intervention operations inside Syria which earned a great reputation within local communities.