Because of the difficulty of taking preventative measures such as social distancing in camps and the burden of obtaining masks and sanitizers, COVID-19 continues to spread.
According to the EWARN report issued on the 30th of October 2021, the current situation in North-western Syria is still dangerous despite the slight decrease in the number of COVID-19 infections in comparison to last month. The number of confirmed COVID-19 infections has reached 89,835 and deaths have reached 1520 according to the report. The report also indicated that the occupancy rate in Covid 19 centres has reached alarming limits, reaching 85% of the occupancy rate of the intensive care units in Covid hospitals, and the usage rate of the oxygen tanks has reached the limits of 90%, while the patient waits for his turn until he obtains an empty bed, or obtains life-saving services such as oxygen in Covid 19 hospitals in northwest Syria, in addition to the spread of black fungus among the injured with COVID-19, doctors were able to diagnose it clinically.
To limit its spread, WATAN UK has responded to the COVID-19 pandemic since its spread in northwest Syria, in collaboration with the organisation Fundraising.
It continues to operate the two centres for COVID-19 patients in Ma’arrat Misrin and Al-Bab which provide the following services:
- PCR examination of patients suspected of being infected with Covid-19 within the isolation centres in coordination with EWARN.
- Providing medical consultations to patients by qualified doctors.
- Providing patients with COVID-19 with oxygen therapy and necessary medications.
- Providing isolation service for patients suspected of being infected, and then quarantining them.
- Providing psychological support and raising health awareness for patients infected with COVID-19.
The number of COVID-19 patients who were treated within two months reached 3,500, and 6980 PCR tests were performed.